Re: sad site

From: Mike Davidsen (mike@aspirationsoftware.com)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 06:41:40 PST

>Ronzo is right. The DoD would *not* let a m60 MBT just sit in some field
>other than a field owned by themselves.

I know for a fact there are a few legally owned M48 and M60 series
tanks, but ONLY a few. Customs and State Dept. are no longer letting
ANY American made tanks, at least the more modern ones, enter the
country, even if they were purchased legally from Israel, Egypt, Greece,
etc., and even if they have had the cannon demilled according to BATFag
standards. If it's American made, no longer importable.

There are a bunch of hulls for the -48 and -60 series in private hands,
that are unrestored, but finding enough parts to complete the resto
would be a little difficult.

Mike
1967 M725 ambulance