M62 - information required.

From: Colin Topliss (colint@m151.info)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 12:06:23 PST

Hi everyone,

I've been busy looking for pictures of the M62, especially any in
Vietnam. There aren't that many I can find....

But I have noticed a few things I'd like to try and clear up.

On the back of the crane cab, I have seen three brackets fitted (U.S
only by the look of it - the Dutch seem to replace these with a single
extinguisher bracket). Are these extinguisher brackets? The ones I have
seen don't quite look like the brackets you'd find on a MUTT. Maybe a
slightly larger extinguisher?? I've also got a couple of pictures that
show a slightly different bracket on the side of the cab - again,
doesn't quite look like an extinguisher bracket, but it also doesn't
quite look like a decontamination kit bracket either.

Also, I have pictures of some of the towing equipment (rigid bar I
think) stowed on the top of the sides of the rear bed. How were these
secured? The clearest picture I have seems to show a vertical pole, and
the rigid bar 'eye' goes over that. I'd love to know how that pole is
fixed (bolted, welded etc).

Still trying to put up pictures of the M62 on the web-site, but I have a
bunch more to add that I took last week. Been a bit short on
time..... :-(

Thanks!

Col.

--