Medium-duty wreckers in action

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 05:40:01 PST

I was glad to see this one, so I am sure is my son, it is in his back yard,
this started with him pulling lawnmower out of ditch with pickup which got
stuck, he pulled it out with deuce which then was stuck, and on and on. what
you cannot see is that both front and rear winch on wrecker and boom cable
are now broken.

Took 80,000 pound capacity commercial tow truck sitting several yards away
to retrieve them. First pulled deuce out by hooking to whifle tree on front
tow shackles, pull was so hard that frame twisted enough that fan hit
shroud, I was in truck and shut engine down, as tow truck got it squared
around I put in low gear let out on clutch and engine started back, no
damage to either truck during retrieval.

. Then he hooked to pintle hook on M62, which left a hole in yard about
size of pickup bed when it came out. I was in wrecker as it was being
retrieved, when I opened driver door it pushed mud off step.

Great fun, and took most of the day.

Best line was when son said, right after wrecker was buried, "I got to go to
work see if you can get them out."..

photo taken by commercial tow truck driver.

Subject: [MV] Medium-duty wreckers in action