Re: CUCV Load

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 20:01:49 PST

I have a civy 1 ton '78 dual rear wheel truck with a flatbed and I've
had a little more than that on it. Closer to 3 tons. With that much
weight the truck starts getting squirelly on the road. I think the
frame starts to flex a lot and the alignment in the front end gets off.

Not recommended for maximum axle life. The axle in my truck is only
rated for 7500 lbs and the truck weighs over 8000 empty with a steel
flatbed. So I was definitely over the limit.

Dave