Re: FW: Protecting Yourself from Counterfit Checks

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 10:13:03 PST

Interestingly enough, today I got an email from a guy in Nigeria
wanting to put a bid on something of mine on eBay. He wanted to check
to see if I took BidPay (a Western Union version of PayPal in a way)
and if I could ship to Nigeria. Always suspicious of Nigerians (I've
had major problems with them using stolen credit cards) I'm trying to
figure out what the possible ripoff angle might be. As Glenn said, I
am the Seller and that puts me in a different position. I hate like
heck to stereotype and discriminate, but I can't help the feeling that
there is an angle here that I just don't see. Any thoughts what it
might be?

Steve

mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>