Re: FW: Protecting Yourself from Counterfit Checks

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 15:27:29 PST

Horrocks, Aaron wrote:

> In late 2004 the neighboring countries of Nigeria were so fed up with
> the amount of email spam, scams, and abuse of the internet; that they
> banded together and physically destroyed all internet communication
> lines crossing the borders. The country was (and possibly still is)
> completely disconnected from the internet.
>
> Sounds amazing, but it's true. It was well documented on SlashDot. It's
> not the only country off the net. North Korea isn't connected either -
> But that's due to their own government. The "World Wide Web" isn't!

Might well be true. I've not seen any scams from Nigeria in a while, and I file
complaints on EVERY scam or spam I get.

Going back to the original question, IF the money is sent via WU AND you go to
WU and get cash in hand, where is the risk to the recipient of the money? How
can the payment be undone? I'm not doubting it's a scam, but would just like to
know how it works.

Caveat emptor,
-John