Re: RTV Question

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 11:16:40 PST

I've had really good luck with some blue RTV sealant that Napa sells. I
by the caulking gun tube size of it and have used it on several engines.
  Just so happens I read the back label of it yesterday and it says to
avoid constant contact with gasoline. I says nothing about diesel so I
would assume it should be fine. The stuff is made by Permatex for NAPA.

I used it to seal up part of a hydraulic system on a tractor yesterday.
   I used it before for the same application and when I pulled it apart
yesterday, the sealant was still in place even though it had been
immersed in hydraulic oil for about a year. I've used the one tube to
replace about $100 or more in gaskets so far. I think it is about
$10/tube. Probably one of the best deals around.

It says something like Blue sealant - Sensor safe.... on it. It comes
in smaller squeeze tube also.

Dave