RE:RE:RE: Hat info....for what its worth.......

From: Rikk Rogers (Rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 22:11:10 PST

Thomas, don't get the wrong idea, it's not my company.
Michael & Sonny, sorry to give the idea they were waiting to take
orders.....
Also, I don't have the " 1951 " hat in hand so thought this might be close.

I needed a cap to wear when driving my Truck and wanted something generally
in line with the camo on the truck.
Went to a "surplus store" in Oklahoma City to get one and bought the first
that fit.
When I started wearing it while working on the truck (camo to not show dirt
as bad) I found the "short" bill to not be in the way looking up and not
getting caught on stuff as bad as a std baseball/golf hat while under the
truck (M35A2),
hmmmm....
Next found that the design of the band picks up sweat better than any hat I
have ever had except one, a cap with a terry cloth inner band (hard like
heck to find).
HMmmmmm.... yea!

I went back some months later to get another or 2 and the boy told me I
wanted a winter cap, said some folks cut the earflaps out and such must be
what I had. Assured me in no uncertain terms that the hat I bought could not
be new.
Yea, you guessed it I had not taken the hat with me.
Did tell him it had a Red, White and Blue logo.
Gave me that smirk that said I was nuts and told me no such existed.
I bought some std BDU caps (summer ripstop) and never liked them (too floppy
and weak).
Some months later I had the cap and computer together with some time and
looked up www.propper.com and low and behold they had the hat I bought on
the first pass.
No they don't sell to the public, however when I called them the did (and
happily I might add) give me the retailers in OKC that handled their
product.
Among them was the store I bought the first cap.
Went back and asked someone else if they could get me a Patrol Cap from
Propper, "nope, cant do that, never heard of em....."

Hooked up with Propper's second listed reseller, and what do ya know, not
only can they get em that have a guy that can sew a logo right on em.......
 Enforcement Uniform in Oklahoma City 405-488-6105

Got an "Urban-Camo" with the company logo on it in blaze orange.......
Boss hated it, I whore it only on Fridays.....

Next idea, Try to find a two pocket, button flap, work shirt of a fabric
that will last more that 6 months under working conditions (not at Wal-Mart
ya don't).
Propper "Tactical" $32 ea. with name and Co logo,. I have 10 or 12 now, the
oldest something longer than a year old now and wearing like iron.

I LIKE the Propper brand, they are a better work shirt than any I have
bought at any store, bar none, and have given up on ball caps, they are just
not as good to work in either.

...........for what it's worth.......

Rikk Rogers
RK Lion Ltd.