Re: inverted "easy out".......

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 07:00:15 PST

The problem with welding onto it, is, that it's recessed an inch or more
inside the rim it's holding on. So, no access from the sides. Only straight
down.
It seems one of the gadgets that are socket like would be best, although, it
was suggested that a piece of pipe/tube just bigger than the shaft, but,
smaller than the hole it's down in, be placed in, then, arc welded from the
inside of the tube. Sounds like a good idea, too.
Thanks,
Henry