RE: M880 power steering question

From: Stu (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 05:02:48 PST

Have you tried a good breaker bar? It always works for me.

       "Stu"
Southern NH, USA
"Live Free Or Die"

MVPA #14790

1967 M151A1 Jeep 1964 M416 Trailer
1985 M1008 CUCV Pickup

I need a new pulley and nut for a power steering pump on a M880. This is a
standard Saginaw system used by Dodge for that era of truck. I have been
told they were not originally equipped with power steering, but have
references in a TM about power steering. I am installing a new pump on mine
and can not remove the nut on the old one so that I can remove the pulley.
An impact gun has been of no use in removing it either. So I have decided I
will just replace the pulley instead of wasting any more time with trying to
get the old one off. I do not care if the item is used or new, as long as it
is in good serviceable shape.

Thank You,
Bob
MVPA#23437

=Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=
To unsubscribe, send e-mail to <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
To reach a human, contact <ackyle@gmail.com>
Visit the searchable archives at http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/