Re: [BULK] Re: gas and fuel costs

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 07:40:07 PST

As to getting fuel price breaks, there are some major trucking companies who
have people on payroll that negotiate with truck stops to give company a
discount if they will guarantee the company they represent will purchase an
amount of fuel per month. This is between truck stop owner and trucking
company. Independent owner-operators do not get this discount - in some
cases the discount I mention is given to company owned trucks and not to
people leased to the same company.
Everette