Re: gas and fuel costs - long

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 22:18:36 PST

At 12:13 AM -0500 11/22/05, MV wrote:
>For a tail lamp you are out of service until it is repaired.
>
>However that is not what took all of the time.
>She pulled me over and basically interviewed me.
>What do I do, where am I going, how often do I
>drive the truck, do I have more than one truck,
>etc etc. Then she does a license check on me -
>she is on the radio for quite a while. Then
>comes the inspection. Under the truck, pop the
>hood, inspect the brakes, everything. Found the
>tail light, got a ticket, escorted me to the
>nearest truck stop, was put out of service at
>the truck stop and then she apologized for
>putting me through the 3rd degree.

I'm curious how they'd inspect the brakes on our
trucks. Do they make you pull a wheel or are they
more or less looking for the spring adjusters on
the air brake equipped trucks.

Odd that she'd go through all that and then gig
you for the light. How long did the out of
service order last? Until you were able to swap
the bulb?

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)