Re: 3/4 ton trailer COVER

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 15:17:52 PST

Quoting Sonny Heath <sonny@defuniak.com>:

> I believe the vinyl will dry, get stiff, crack, etc. It mat very
> well outlast canvas, I won't say but its not everlasting,
>
> Sonny

I bought a M105 with a nice vinyl top on it. After a couple of years
the thread rotted and it came apart at the front seam. I have no idea
how long it had been on the trailer before i got it. I had another NOS
gen trailer top that was vinyl with Cotton webbing for straps. They
went first then the thread rotted and it came apart at the seams also.
I am guessing that it had been in storage a long time before I bought
it (I got it on ebay). Still vinyl will last longer than canvas.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi