Info on unfamiliar tool wanted

From: Cor Streutjens (cstreutjens@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 09:05:36 PST

Hello list,

Recently I bought a tool at an MV shop of which the seller had no idea what
it is for. I cannot find any useful information either so if anyone can help
I will be grateful.
The tool is a kind of wrench for one inch nuts which is mounted off center
in a 2. 4 inch tube. The wrench cannot reach the partly closed bottom and
can slide upwards by 2.5 inches. A notch is welded to the outside of the
tube about 3.5 inches from the bottom. The label sais:
H0002-01-05995 THIMBLE 5/8
QUANTITY 1
PROCESSED APR 53
LIMA ORDNANCE DEPOT.
I had the idea the label did not belong to the tool, the tool is obviously
quite heavily used but then I realised that the Dutch army DAF trucks had a
lot of American parts so I will ask you people.
Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Cor

Cor Streutjens