Re: Military Generator information

From: Buzz (muttman@charter.net)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 22:29:27 PST

Most of the MEP series gensets have a early solid state voltage regulator and
the manual tells you NOT to idle the genset. The reason is that idling the
genset will knock out the voltage regulator. Been there, done that. So after you
start the genset set the governor to the "Operate" position and rev 'er up.

Buzz