V8 Starting

From: ADRIAN REES (rees.a@btconnect.com)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 09:29:31 PST

Hi
I have a 1970 Russian GAZ 66 vehicle, with a starting problem.

The engine is a 4.2L V8 Petrol engine. (Nothing unusual, just a basic V8 engine, apparently modelled on a Ford V8).

The engine turns fine and occasionaly fires, spluttering and comes to a stop after 2 or 3 seconds.

Fuel pressure is fine, lots of ignition spark etc. The only odd thing is Oil in the Air Filter housing. I have been told that it could be blocked Oil Breathers, but as there are no Oil pipes comong off the rocker box covers, am at a loss as to where any blockage can be.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Adrian