Re: Trailer brakes...

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 19:11:03 PST

What size axles are they? If you measure the axle tube diameter you can
get close. 2 3/8 is used for 3500 lbs axles, 3" used for 5-7000lb
axles. What is the brake drum diameter? 12" is very common. Most axle
stuff 7000 lbs and below is pretty much standardized. I can point you
to some good companies to deal with if you need contacts for parts.

I've done a few trailer axle rebuilds and replacements.

If you have any picts - send them to me.

Dave