Korean war casualty count and related

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 18:03:39 PST

I think perhaps I watch history channel too much... I was watching program
on helicopters, and "talking head" said average GI in WWII spent less than
40 days a year in combat, compared to Vietnam's 240 days per year and
"talking head" said that a lot of this could be attributed to helicopter.

 Helicopter was able to get troops from rear to front quicker, I disagree,
in Vietnam there was no "front line" if you were "in country" you were "in
combat", rear area was Guam or Japan or back home...

Yes helio could move you from a somewhat secure place to one that was not
secure at all, but no place was "safe".

Everette