RE: Question about humvee rims

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 07:30:06 PST

Hi Steve
From what I have heard from some people fairly close to the AMG management,
the answer is no on the 17" on the Humvee. First off the Army wants no part
of multiple tire and wheel combinations and will not change, and the
civilian truck only was changed to the 17 inch because of the severe MT 16.5
inch tire shortage due to the Iraq action. The GY factory is on 2 shifts
now making them for mil contract. Civilians have a hard time these days
trying to get the military Goodyear tire at their dealer. AMG reduced the
problems magnitude by switching to the 17" aluminum wheels and different
tires. Plus the trend these days for the civ Bling crowd is bigger and
bigger wheels so they made it seem as though they were answering that demand
too.

Hope this helps

Glenn