Re: Lee E

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 08:29:57 PST

Hi Frank,

> I will say this about Lee, I know he was a Marine DI, as one of the
> Technicians I have working for me had Lee as HIS DI... He says the
> program
> makes him look a lot nicer than he REALLY is ....

He could have mellowed with age. A friend of mine used to be a Major
in the Maine Warden's Service. There are only a couple of these guys
at any given time and they have a ton of responsibilities, from finding
lost people to busting drug kingpins. They are generally under
appreciated, totally overworked, and paid not nearly enough. Talk about
a stressful job! Apparently this guy had a horrible temper and
reputation in terms of how easy he was to work with, though he was
thoroughly respected and quite good at his job. He retired early due
to the stress, hours, and politics. I met him a couple of years
afterwards and found him to be a great and very easy going guy. I was
surprised to learn that he was such a hardass only a few years earlier!
  He apparently went through a transformation when he retired, so I
suppose the same could be true for Lee. Can still swallow a bucketload
of nails, he's just not as apt to spit them out at people after eating
them as he used to be :-)

Steve