only in Amerika

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 05:49:56 PST

      FATIGUE FLAP: LHS student sent home for wearing camouflage outfit

      By HILLARY CHABOT, Sun Staff
      Lowell Sun

      LOWELL -- Shilo Lewis just wanted to blend in with the crowd.

      She'd seen camouflage clothing in fashion magazines, on the streets of
the city, even in Lowell High School.

      But a head-to-toe camouflage ensemble got the high-school junior sent
home from school yesterday.

"They took one look at me and said, 'You have to get picked up,' "
Lewis said about school officials.

      Lewis, 16, was wearing a camouflage bandana holding her waist-length
hair in a ponytail, a camouflage jacket over a camouflage T-shirt, and a
pair of camouflage pants.

"I think she looks great," said her mother, Bette Lewis, who bought
her the outfit. "She always looks nice. She always matches everything."