Re: 4L80-E transmission question

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 09:04:25 PST

Good advice. What always amazed me is the rather low cost of rebuild
kits for Automatics. Some full kits are about a $100 or so. Compared
to the close to $200 I recently paid for a 6.9 Ford diesel partial
gasket set, those kits seem like a bargain.

Northern Auto sells kits as well as a host of other online car parts stores.

I'm not sure about this transmission, but I know that a couple of good
sets of snap ring pliers are really nice for working on Turbo 350 and
400 transmissions. Make sure you wear safety glasses when removing them
as they sometimes take flight at high speed while being removed.

Dave