A Thank You to the Veterans of World War Two - "Before You Go"

From: Chris (grizcty2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 02:42:06 PST

To moderators/owner of this group.

I hope I am not stepping out of bounds, by posting
this message.

If so, please correct me.

But in the short time that I have been a member here.
I have got a feel that there are other Vets., and
proud Americans in this group.

I am NOT pushing a "agenda", nor trying to sell
anything.

All I am asking is for ten minutes of your time.
To read this, watch the vidio, and send it on to other
Vets.
And to say THANK YOU, to our Fathers, Grand Fathers
and our greatest generation.

My late Father was a W.W.II. Navy Submariner Vet.

As I am a Army Vet.

Thank you for your time.
Take care, be safe.
God Bless or Troops.
Chris - Alaska

If this OFFENDS any one.
Please, kindly remove me from your mailing list

Ed, and Robert, and thousands of others.
This song, is for REAL heroes like you.
And for Bart Bartley, who just passed away this
Tuesday.

This is wonderful "Thank You" song, for all those who
served in the GREAT WAR.

Someday, (even us young bucks) will all meet again in
the great mess hall in Heaven, and have a hot cup of
Joe.

Till then, I thank you for your Honorable service.
And the hours of story telling, and memories.
That I will hold dear, 'til my last breath.

PLEASE.
PASS THIS ON TO ALL V.F.W.'s, AMERICAN LEGIONS, W.W.II
VETERANS, AND FAMILIES.
AS THIS COULD BE THEIR LAST WONDERFUL TRIBUTE, AND
CHRISTMAS PRESENT.

Take care, be safe.
God bless.
Chris - Alaska
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmericanFreedoms/join

The elderly parking lot attendant wasn't in a good
mood.

Neither was Sam Bierstock. It was around 1 a.m., and
Bierstock, a Delray Beach, Fla., eye doctor, business
consultant, corporate speaker and musician, was bone
tired after appearing at an event.

He pulled up in his car, and the parking attendant
began to speak. "I took two bullets for this country
and look what I'm doing," he said bitterly.

At first, Bierstock didn't know what to say to the
World War II veteran.
But he rolled down his window and told the man,
"Really, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank
you."

Then the old soldier began to cry.

"That really got to me," Bierstock says.

Cut to today.

Bierstock, 58, and John Melnick, 54, of Pompano Beach
– a member of Bierstock's band, Dr. Sam and the
Managed Care Band – have written a song inspired by
that old soldier in the airport parking lot. The
mournful "Before You Go" does more than salute those
who fought in WWII. It encourages people to go out of
their way to thank the aging warriors before they die.

"If we had lost that particular war, our whole way of
life would have been shot," says Bierstock, who plays
harmonica. "Every ethnic minority would be dead. And
the soldiers are now dying at the rate of about 2,000
every day. I thought we needed to thank them."

The song is striking a chord. Within four days of
Bierstock placing it on the Web (www.beforeyougo.us),
the song and accompanying photo essay have bounced
around nine countries, producing tears and heartfelt
thanks from veterans, their sons and daughters and
grandchildren.

"It made me cry," wrote one veteran's son. Another
sent an e-mail saying that only after his father
consumed several glasses of wine would he discuss "the
unspeakable horrors" he and other soldiers had
witnessed in places such as Anzio, Iwo Jima, Bataan
and Omaha Beach. "I can never thank them enough," the
son wrote. "Thank you for thinking about them."

Bierstock and Melnick thought about shipping it off to
a professional singer, maybe a Lee Greenwood type, but
because time was running out for so many veterans,
they decided it was best to release it quickly, for
free, on the Web. They've sent the song to Sen. John
McCain and others in Washington. Already they have
been invited to perform it in Houston for a Veterans
Day tribute – this after just a few days on the Web.
They hope every veteran in America gets a chance to
hear it.

"I think it's funny that the music-buying population
is 13-and 14-year-old girls, but we're shooting for
80-year-old guys," Melnick says.
The Veterans of World War Two are currently dying at
the rate of almost 2000 per day.

Of all of the wars of the 20th century, World War Two
truly threatened our very existence as a nation and as
a culturally diverse, free society.

We have written "Before You Go" as a profoundly
heartfelt "Thank You" and tribute to the men and women
who fought this worst and greatest of wars on our
behalf, and who truly saved our lives and our way of
life.

Our goal is to get this song to every living veteran
of World War Two while we still have them, and to
their families and survivors. Please help us by
forwarding this link to every World War Two veteran
(or their families and descendants) that you know.

We have not thanked them enough.

Just click on this link to hear our song and view our
show of thanks - then please send it on.

http://www.managedmusic.com/beforeyougo.html

Sam Bierstock
John Melnick