Re: Sandblasting / data plates / 5T parts

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 17:27:58 PST

> I believe I have finally got to the "dumb stage" where I'm
> thinking one thing and typing another. Perhaps I was wrong in the sense
> that I should have said " instruction plates" instead of " data plates".
> Yes, the data plates, on the dash, are attached with philips head
> screws. But, the plates I was referring to are on the front/rear
> winches, crane, etc. They are attached with rivets.

I think I've seen instruction and data plates installed with sheet metal
screws, drive screws, pop rivets and solid rivets in various places.
Unless you're trying for a super-perfect showroom restoration (which
would be severe overkill on a wrecker, in my humble opinion), you should
be fine using whichever of those strikes your fancy.

If you decide that you would like to use solid rivets or drive screws,
both are available from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com).

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/