DOT

From: SETOYOTA@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 13:22:03 PST

According to 49 CFR -390.3 paragraph F

"The occasional transportation of personal property by individuals not for
compensation nor in the furtherance of commercial enterprise" DOT rules do
not apply

I have a copy of the law I keep in my big rig. This was provided by a Mr.
Larry Minor an employee of the DOT. He said my rig would be exempt from DOT
inspections and does not require a DOT number.

I use a Volvo tandem axle truck and lowboy trailer to haul my privately
owned M5A1Stuart tank to shows for no compensation whatsoever

Chuck Herbert