Re: DOT *sigh* THIS IS OT and NON MV Mud flaps and federalism

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 15:40:29 PST

At 6:25 PM -0500 12/15/05, Fred H. Schlesinger wrote:
>I usually don't do this, go off on a on an OT rant in deference to Nige and some of the other limeys
>on the list (sorry Guys) but just to mess with everyone's heads a little more, the US constitution
>is the supreme law of the land here.

States must meet a minimum bar of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for Federal Transportation Funding for highways. No minimum standard and no funds. The FMCSA checks state laws periodically to review for compliance. That said, states may be more strict as they are meeting the FMCSRs.

The above is based on my conversations with my State Senator, The Legislative Director for the GaDOT, and 2 agents with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -