Re: and those Chinese ba$tard$

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 17:46:03 PST

D O wrote:

[snip] What bothers me the most about giving business to China is that it is a

> communist nation and therefore, the ones doing the actual work are making
> peanuts and the rest is going to the communist state for ???? [snip]

Actually, the booming economy in China may be the biggest threat to the
Communist government. It partly happened in Tien An Min square some years ago,
when the government had to import troops from the boonies to put down the
demonstrators. They figured the local troops, who had seen western good living,
might just turn on the government instead. It was economy that brought down the
USSR, remember. Likely, the government will give lip service to Communism in the
future, but that is all,

-John