Re: CDL

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 16:26:33 PST

I agree with Randy 100% also. I gave the U.S. Army twenty plus years of my
life without ever getting as much as a counceling statement written up on
me. When I was an E-3 and an E-4 I was making soldier of the month,
sentinel of the guard (sometimes known as supernumeral) thirteen times in a
row which allowed me to make E-5 in a frozen military occupational
specialty, as an E-6 I was selected by Department of the Army to attend the
senior NCO course at Aberdeen where I graduated number three in my class,
made E-7 in the secondary zone of consideration (fastest any soldier in the
Army could make it) was inducted in to the Sergeant Morales program, drew
proficiency pay until the Army cut it out and was asked by Department of the
Army Warrant Officers Branch to accept an appointment as a Warrant Officer
and was appointed by the Congress of the United States. I'am in NO WAY
saying any of this to brag rather to point out that I did what the Army
wanted a soldier to do and each and every time I re-enlisted the Army told
me that if I remained in the Army for at least twenty years I would have
free medical and dental care for the rest of my life which of course was all
lies, I'am not getting it free at all rather have to pay for a great deal of
it, and they continue to take benefits away all the time so yes, I agree
with Randy, they are dictating to much to us already without me wanting more
government laws forced down my throat.

Sonny