Re: Next collectable?

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 09:16:19 PST

Up here in the Great White North we are enjoying the release of the
Bombardier "Iltis" 4x4 vehicles that were built in Valcourt, Quebec under
licence from Volkswagen in 1985/86. Basically these were built in four
configurations: Ambulance; Command; Line Layer and basic recce/liaison. Four
door convertible; folding windshield; 1.7 litre Volkswagen Rabbit engine
with full military mods., Audi Quattro drivetrain; fulltime fourwheel drive;
selective locking differentials-neat and economical little vehicles about
the size of an M151, but with much better performance, traction and comfort.
Real bucket seats and a heater that will melt your tennis shoes!Canada only
purchased 2500 of these trucks and due to 20 years of attrition, leaving
them in theatres like Bosnia and Afghanistan, probably only about 1500 will
be sold to the public. They are being sold at public auto auction locations
across the country, at a rate of about 200 a month. Prices on average are
running about 3 to 4K, with a record set last weekend in Calgary of
$7750.00!! If you want to learn more either go to Google and type in "Iltis"
or have a look at my website www.internationalmovie.com
In the not too distant future Canada will start replacing the 1984 MLVW,
which is an upgraded M35 with a GM V8 diesel; Allison automatic; power
steering; single wheels. If you like your M35 you'll love an ML!!!
Cheers!
Ian