Ebay radio/ CARC

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 22:09:11 PST

Some dingbat on Ebay has this RT listed as a "CARC" radio.

I believe that my admonition was correct. Would anyone wish to comment?

Here is the listing info, and my email to the seller:

Item: CARC AMATEUR RADIO REPEATER? RCVR-MTR RT-1523 (c) U NEW (5844538305)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
2565hk-59 is a potential buyer.
---------------------------------------
CARC is a military acronym for -Chemical Agent Resistant Coating- a very
nasty coating, used on vehicles and equipment. On your auction item, it
means the paint on the outside of the radio. The military stamps this on its
items painted with CARC so that users are warned of the very dangerous
nature of the CARC, which, if sanded, chipped, or otherwise disturbed, can
cause severe medical problems, up to and including death.

I suggest that you cut and paste this URL, and read the file about CARC.

http://tinyurl.com/ax4lq

The warning is there to protect people who inadvertantly come into contact
with former military items. It is your ethical responsiblilty, I would
think, to acquaint yourself with the dangers of CARC, and transmit the info
to prospective buyers.

The radio is obviously military. It is not an -amateur- radio.

Item Details
Item name: CARC AMATEUR RADIO REPEATER? RCVR-MTR
RT-1523 (c) U NEW
Item number: 5844538305
End date: Dec-29-05 16:46:33 PST

View the item description here: