Aaron's M100

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 08:38:15 PST

I bought it... okay I forgot when I bought it.
I picked it up in August.
I unloaded it in September
I took photos in October
And last night I finally got photos up. It's not finished, but it works.

http://www.aaronhorrocks.com/Vehicles-M100.html

Yeah I know that timeline looks like I'm slacking, but I'm not. Try
working a fulltime career and going to college. I can never get all my
homework done, let alone find time to work on other stuff.

SO, what's wrong, what am I missing, and where can I get it?

- The first thing that stands out are the fenders. Aside from being
cut, they are a little bent inwards towards the tires. I really doubt
these are repairable. Think a local shop could bend up some heavy gauge
sheet metal, weld it on, grind off any slop in the weld, and paint it
up? Or are they totally screwed and need to be replaced? I'd love to
find take offs to replace these, if I can.

- Tires. Yeah, that's no big deal. I'll get to that.

- It has Modern Taillights, since it was in the Montana Nation Guard
until just this year. Totally not period. What's the correct ones? Just
any 50's style M-series?

- It also has modern Packard connectors. I'm going to re-do all the
wiring, and put on Douglas connectors if I can. Does any business make
repro wiring for this trailer? I would expect
http://www.vintagewiringofmaine.com to, but it's not on their site.

- Missing the landing leg. And perhaps the bracket too. No idea where
to get one. I'd appreciate take off.

- Missing the lunette, and I think that the lunette bracket was cut off
when the 2" ball hardware was welded on. Considering that my jeep was
converted to a 2" ball when it was in the Civil Defense, and I use it to
move around my flatbed trailer (2" ball also) from time to time... I see
no real reason to rush to change things back. But it would be nice to
have the parts on hand if I could ever find them.

- Shackles. These are the later, open style. Closed ones are hard to
find, but I may have a couple on hand. Should I replace them? That is of
course, assuming these WILL come apart. I've worked on enough to know
there's a good chance they won't.

- Paintjob. It's okay as is... many of the black markings have faded
and are practically not legible, and there's little spots of light rust
peaking through. Plus, how historically significant is the Montana
National Guard? I think it'd would look much better restored back to
specs. At least, I think I should clean it up really good and slop some
Semi Gloss 24087 on it. For the time being. Like I did with my jeep
until I can afford the body work.

The thing is marked 9/52, and RKH. What is that RKH code?

Now that I have a 1/4 Ton Trailer, I want to compete in the trailer
races in April...
http://www.mvccnews.net/archives/2004/24apr04_tower/aaron_horrocks/tower
_aaron.htm

Any help is appreciated. Funding is great too. I'll be posting more
items for sale in the next couple weeks;
http://www.aaronhorrocks.com/sales/

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Mopar Alley, MVCC, NRA, & Saint Jame's
Grenadier Member
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium