Re: recreational vehicle

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Dec 25 2005 - 14:21:07 PST

Most states have what is commonly known to the general public as Motor
Vehicle Dept R & R. There is another, background set of laws on which these
are predicated. That is where you will find the definition.

Example: Your state requires a registration plate. No matter hard hard you
look, you probably won't find the definition, or dimensions, or colors, or
numbering/lettering scheme, etc, of these plates in the common little book
that is available to the general public. All you will find there is a phrase
that says that the commissioner of MV's (or whatever title your state has),
has the authority to promulgate laws regulating registration plates.

It's in the state regulations, in the legislative record, where the
definitions actually reside. The local office of the DMV probably can
provide the definition. But I could be wrong.

APB