Re: Excess Stuff

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 08:38:39 PST

Hi Ryan.

    English please...

    C&R-FFL?

    Positing that Grandpa ain't hauling a gooseneck into the RV park and
buying lawn chairs and Avon stuff from the other happy campers at a 'good'

price and then reselling the stuff at home. Which is why most communities
have ordinances against more than 2 yard sales a year at any one address
because sometimes Grandma don't see a problem with blowing out the 28,000
beanie babies she collected over the years along with the weekly
neighborhood trash pickings Grampa collects each Tuesday morning during his
0600 Neighborhood Watch patrol.

What's this "We" crap Kimosabee? I don't deal with GL. Period.
    I buy my surplus crap at meets and through eBay. As you may have noticed
from my posts, I don't suffer fools gladly. I don't think it will be long
before 'Going Postal' gets modified to 'Going GL'. And you obviously haven't
met my wife, whose answer would be "YES, throw it away...., or better yet,
don't buy it in the first place".
    And, to open another can of worms on the list, the local code
enforcement officer and the neighbors would agree.
    And BTW you state "We all go through GL sales. the nature of the
Collecting business means we'll get a batch of crap we don't need in order
to get one out of the whole lot. What are we supposed to do, throw it away?"
The nature of collecting means buying what you need to complete your
collection. The nature of the collecting BUSINESS means buying to resell for
a profit, hence the word BUSINESS "a commercial or industrial enterprise and
the people who constitute it, such as "a small mom-and-pop business". And
GL sells Dingo and Ferret parts?

    Your last paragraph leaves me scratching my head because I don't
remember Sonny offering any guns for sale in his offerings but I'm not all
that up on gun terms. I thought that the M37s he was offering were trucks.

    Back 2 U