Re: CUCV starting problem

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 09:30:36 PST

You need to determine if your batteries are being run down or if you
have a bad connection or faulty starter or ???

What do you have to do to get it going again? Jump it or charge up the
batteries?

After you get it going again, shut it down and wait for few minutes and
check the batteries with a volt meter. You should have something close
to 13 volts. Wait for a period of time - again measure the battery
volts - about the same or dropping fast? Once you get down below 12
volts the batteries are getting seriously discharged. They should be
about 12.5 even after several days of sitting.

Another approach is to disconnect your batteries when the vehicle is not
being used. Does the no start problem dissapear? Faulty starters can
make it look like you have a battery discharge problem when in fact the
starter is simply failing.

Dave