Re: [MVlist] Blasting material help - Thanks

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 13:18:39 PST

Thanks to all of you that responded, I really do appreciate the help.

After sending my post, I was in a new tractor supply store in the
neighborhood and they normally stock several types of abrasives for the
blasters that they sell.
Aparently, they did very well during the holidays and sold out of what they
had in stock but should get some in soon.
I also have several other local concrete dealers that will probably have the
abrasives also but haven't been able to check them out yet.

The Black Beauty seems to be the stuff to get and I have located several
venders for this but again have to wait til tomorrow or the next day to see
what is available.

I also appreciate the tips on clothing and respirators. I have both taken
care of and do have prior experience with abrasive blasting boat bottoms a
long time ago but that was at work and my employer supplied the materials.
All of the folks that were there at the time that we "sand" blasted boat
bottoms are now retired the new folks haven't a clue as to where those "old
timers", like me, obtained the materials.

Have a wonderful New Year everyone.

Bill K.

MVPA
1954 Willys USMC M38A1