Re: Coke bottle openers on jeeps

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 07:20:57 PST

I have never seen one -- but you have read I am sure where US Govt. gave
Coke all the sugar they wanted during WWII and the large number of bottling
plants that were set up in most all theaters of war, it is sure possible
that some GI stuck one in his jeep as a "field modification" I have not
looked but there is a good chance you might find an appropriate opener on
Ebay - cast metal device held in place by two screws, the ones I remember
were a silver finish with the work COKE cast in top and highlighted in red.
Do not take this to say I ever saw one in a jeep, but over in the Arkansas
deer woods there is one nailed to a tree where we had our deer camp

Everette