SSgt Smith Update

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 05:08:57 PST

First off let me Thank: Dennis Hankey, David Bryant, Kevin Kimma and
Sharon/Greg Taylor for the packages that arrived with the goodies. The boys
Thank all of you for all of your support and commitment to continued
supplies. Thanks a bunch!

Well the weather is getting a bit colder out here, I saw a thermometer the
other morning, 42' or so at 8 am. We havent had a lot of rain, which is
good because it all turns to mud around here anyway.

We are getting to our final stage in the training of the Iraqi Army here.
Most of them are doing fairly well, of course our battalion is the best,
most disciplined, and just well rounded that we have seen. Of course we
(Marines) are training them, the others are U.S. Army trained. (just a
little bit of that good ole inter-service rivalry there).

Not much new in the events but there are a few more pictures on my sites,
just some new trucks and stuff.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

SSGT SMITH CN
USMC MITT, 1ST BN, 3RD BDE, 7TH DIV