Re: tiger tanks

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 19:09:33 PST

All I'm saying is that it sounds like such a small PSI for a vehicle that
weighs, I believe someone said 160,000 pound, is that right?

I fully understand that track laying vehicles have a small amount of Pound
per square inch against the ground but this seems like such a small amount.
I believe that I could let you roll an object over my foot that weighs as
much as a hundred pound or so and it wouldn't break anything but I'll be
dammed if I'll let you roll a combat tank over my foot which should be about
the same, right?

I read in the manual for my 1943 Cletrac crawler tractor that it puts 17
pound per square inch on the ground and it only weights about 3000 pound. I
think somethings wrong here fellers.

Straighten me up, PLEASE!

Sonny