Re: Ebay problem

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jan 06 2006 - 07:11:29 PST

At 3:01 PM +0000 1/6/06, 42Ford GPW wrote:
>Hello List,
>
>I just got an email from Ebay about someone trying to use my
>ebay name to bid on things. They asked me to go to an Ebay site and
>verify certain Credit Card / Debit Card issues. But they are asking my for my PIN number
>for my debit card and things like that.

This sounds like a phishing attempt. The url they give you looks like E-Bay, but it's not. Do NOT enter your pin/login information nor your credit card info.

The way they get the url to look right is that the E-bay url is embedded into the URL for their site. Most likely just an IP address. They build a web page that has the right look and when people go there, if they don't look closely, they'll think they were on E-Bay.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -