Re: [Fwd: [inmvpa] i need your help, please]

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 07:20:48 PST

At 9:57 AM -0500 1/11/06, G Shaw wrote:

>If you look at the argument raised by the Ferret owner pretty much every
>clause is quite weak in its legal standing. Although we may not like the
>outcome, Kansas has many different solid arguments that they may use in
>court (and will) to support their refusal to issue the priviledge of driving
>this armored military vehicle on the public way. Safety issues specific to
>the vehicles odd seating, non standard steering controls, limited visibility
>and the safety of other travelers near it on the highway , along with the
>ever present public policy issues to do with Private Armor in this day and
>age of Terrorist threats.

Unfortunately the backstory doesn't support this.
He tried to get the VIN verified to get it
registered and the people that verify VINS looked
at it through their windows and refused saying
they don't allow "tanks" on the roads in Kansas.
It's escalated from there.

The way the issue is working is that Kansas is
saying that if the vehicle's primary purpose was
to carry a weapon, they won't allow it to drive
on their roads, even if from another state. This
threaten's any wheeled armor in Kansas if they do
this merely by fiat.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)