Re: Jeep accessories

From: The Alamo (thealamo@igb.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 04:20:34 PST

At 19.05 11/01/2006, DENNIS wrote:
>I was the one that started the thread on coke bottle
>openers mounted on jeeps. After all the discussions I
>have yet to receive a period picture of this field
>modification.
>I have a 1945 MB and was planning to add one on my
>jeep but wanted to get some photographic evidence of
>this being done in the field. I reviewed all my period
>pictures and couldn't find this modification.
>
>Dennis
>1945 MB

Jan 12 2006

Dennis,
I have read about the coke bottle opener in jeeps in WWII... I did not
answer your request before because I cannot remember where I did read it...
Cannot remember if there was a photo or not.
However, I think it was in vol. 1 or vol. 2 of "All American Wonder".
I do not have both books on hand at the moment but I shall try to check
them next week end.

Regards,
Raimondo
1943 GPW Jeep