Re: SECO

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 16:15:43 PST

I haven't been since last winter. I plan to go in a week or two on the
first rain day I get that I don't have anything inside to do. I will look
around at the Dodges (that is the M880, right).

As for the sextons, they are all gone in theory. They had 3 sitting there
that had been brought up to the shop for at least a year that where already
sold. He had some restorable ones left but not tracks. I inquired about
one of those with Sherman sprockets and tracks and didn't get a good answer.
They told me they could put American tracks on one for about $7000 plus
$4000 for the sexton. I guess the sextons with the original Canadian dry
pin tracks at $5000 where a deal?

I sure would like one of the guns off one to build a carriage for. Would
make a nice replica 25 pounder.

For anyone interested in SECO there's link to their web site.
http://www.secoaugusta.com/Equipment.htm

Joe Trapp

From: "Convoy Magazine" <convoymagazine@yahoo.com>