Re: history 01-17-44 Allies make their move on Cassino, Italy

From: SGM PANTANO (TRUKS1@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 18:05:25 PST

WILLE DUCHOU..Senior Master Sergeant- Luft Falshirmjaeger..was at the Abbey
as it was being bombed.. He said he was there with several other
Falshirjaeger and a couple of Infantry guys.. They got drunk in the lower
levels with the Monks.. Later - when the British came up --WILLE was hit in
the face with shrapnel from a British grenade.. WILLE lived here in
Colorado.. His son Roy lives here. I am good friends with Roy..Knew WILLE
well..have a great picture of him in uniform.. He passed --was losing his
sight near the end --from the British shrapnel still in his head... He told
me there was no Unit there in the Abbey -- just a few guys sort of lost...
WILLE was with the BLUE COMET Division..
Gene