Re: got 6TL's for $30 a piece

From: GotaM35 (gotam35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 16:57:47 PST

Congratulations on the "cheap" batteries. Being the pessimist that I am I
would like to give a little word of warning about the Interstate "seconds".
I have bought about 40 here in Columbia SC and have had mixed results.

Don't let them go dead. I have had several stop taking a charge after being
run dead. The ones I have used on a regular basis have held up fine. I
have one of the left overs from the Aberdeen rally 2 years ago in my F-250
and it works fine. I estimate I have had about 25% failure, but that
includes the ones I have left sitting around not being used. At the price
it's still a deal.

I thought about trying the little refurbishing trick that was covered in MV
magazine a year or so ago, but at $30 a battery, it wasn't worth the
trouble.

Good luck,
Joe Trapp