Request from SSgt Smith ......again......this time its REALLY good!

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 04:42:06 PST

Hey all,
Let me start of with first saying that ALL the supplies that everyone has
sent to us out here have been wonderful. All of the teams (we actually have
3 teams, 10 men each) have enjoyed the stuff tremendously. 30 Soldiers,
Sailors, and Marines have been carried by your great letters, packages and
moral boosters, that we all call mail.

But, what I am here today for is to ask your assistance once again in the
big haul! We just got our orders to take our Iraqi Army Brigade to places
unknown to civilization. We will be without EVERYTHING. Generators for
power, no showers (Yet), ......and why I am here........MRE's for EVERY
meal. We all know how eating MRE's are cool for 1 or 2 meals, but to eat
them endlessly is just down right cruel-and-unusual punishment. So I am
asking you all once again to send us some goodies. The list is very simple,
very easy.......

Any food thing that does NOT need refridgeration.

I will leave the rest up to your imagination. We all love the tuna and
crackers packages, OREO's, Coffee and Vanilla creamer/sugars in singles,
POPTARTS, cereal bars, chocolates, RedVines, Beef Sticks, nuts, dried fruit,
cracker cheese, teas, Cocoa's, Crackers of all sorts, the list goes
on.......

If you would just look in your own cabinets and see what you like, Im sure
it will be eaten by us too. We will have 10 guys, 1 team, where we are
going. I will tell you all after we get there how it is, once we can convoy
to another base with internet. Like I said, we will be without
everything.........

We are asking for food (so we dont have to live on just MRE's). I dont want
it to sound like we wont be fed, we will. MRE's just get nasty after a
while.

My address is:

SSGT SMITH CN
USMC MITT, 1ST BN, 3RD BDE, 7TH DIV
NUMANIYAH
APO AE 09331

Thanks to all of you who have made our stay for the last 5 months as good as
they have been. Take a look at my MSN page:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/mtnbikinssgt/ and you will see that we have
enjoyed our mission so far, with your support! I cant say thanks enough in
here.

Sorry for those of you that dont think that this pertains to MV's, but how
about MVers (me and the guys!).....I have plenty of Truck pics on my site, I
hope that brings it all to you in good order.

Once again Thanks for the Bandwidth..........

SSgt Smith and Crew of 1-3-7 (Iraqi Army)
USMC in Iraq

M880, M274A5, 6K GenSet