RE: M1010/ CUCV

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 07:31:38 PST

Hi
A lot of the special military equipment used to build the govt spec CUCV
series trucks was special from GM Military Inc, the manufacturer of the CUCV
trucks, which is a separate division of GM. A lot of the items that you
see in the TM & P manuals will not be known to civilian GM dealers or their
parts network unless it is also a crossover part into the civ lines. GM Mil
does not sell to civ market. The civ diesel light trucks were all 12 volt
and did not ned to use the ballast resistor setup. You can obtain the
control unit or the ballast through surplus sources also.

Regards
Glenn