Re: Kansas denied ALL armored vehilce registraions, its time to do something now

From: Jeff Hain-Matson (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 05:54:41 PST

Just in over at the "G" from Kevin Lockwood:

Ok folks heres the latest.
My Day in the Trenches
This AM I rec'd a phone call from C Varner Pres MVPA.
I related to him what is spelled out in earlier posts. He agreed that
handling this first through cordial calls to state elected officials might
produce a favorable result and encouraged me to bring Kay at MVPA HQ up to
speed by relating all details to her. This was done so she could give
accurate information to those members calling in.
This afternoon my state rep John Edmonds and the Chairman of the House
Transportation Committee Gary Hayzlett met with a Matthew Moser whos name is
connected with the policy against historic combat vehicles.
Mr Edmonds related the conversation as not very informative and that several
"reasons" for the policy were given but all were rebutted by
Hayzlett/Edmonds. Plans for a meeting tomorrow or Monday involving several
key members of House Transportation, KDOT Kansas Dept of Trans officials,
Dept of Motor Vehicles officials, as well as Highway Patrol officers are
being firmed up yet tonight.
Rep Edmonds has asked that I call upon any Kansas citizens MVPA members etc.
to this evening contact their state elected rep and senators and tell them
that Edmonds and Hayzlett need their support on this issue and to contact
their offices first thing tomorrow AM 20 Jan'y 06.
This is no time to check your shoelaces we need to bring some feet to the
fire ASAP. If you are reading this and are from Kansas please make a
respectful phone call to your elected officials tonight, or tomorrow morning
call the state capital and ask for their office. Keep the call brief and
simply state that a motor vehicle policy is running amuck and you think
vintage combat vehicles have every right to be driven responsibly on our
roads. Tell your officials to get their details from Edmonds/ Hayzlett's
offices don't add details which might confuse the issue.
You will all have my THANKS ahead of time.
Kevin Lockwood

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:  http://www.flmv.net/