Re: [MVlist] Licensing of Armored Vehicles in Kansas Prohibited

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 15:08:30 PST

At 3:04 PM -0800 1/20/06, Glen Closson wrote:
>Well, when was the last you saw a tractor or a Amish buggy with an air bag?
>
>I think there are specal provisions in the DMV code for farm vehicles.

Yes, but one of the reasons they stated for utter denial of MV's on the roads was the lack of safety features. Never mind that these vehicles are driven on the roads today by soldiers. What sort of passive and active protection does a LAV have in a side impact with a car? I'm just pointing out the holes in their arguments and I do know that I'm speaking to the choir here....

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -