RE: Licensing of Armored Vehicles in Kansas Prohibited

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 15:38:43 PST

THE BYLAWS OF THE
MILITARY VEHICLE PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION

Adopted 1 January 2001

Section 1.2 - PURPOSE - The purpose of the Association is to provide an
adequate organization for historians, vehicle preservationists and
collectors interested in and encouraging, internationally, the
acquisition, restoration, preservation, public education and display of
historic military transport, and any other purpose allowed by law.

That could possibly be applied to help out. Trying to build a fire under
the board of directors to get them to do their job, can be quite a
difficult task - As I learned in another NPO. Ignoring the Kansas
situation is clearly not following "provide an adequate organization" in
that state, because frankly that's going to turn into a big hole in the
map of the MVPA's influence and operational areas. People in Kansas will
be out of luck, and might as well give up their memberships... RIGHT?

This would be a bit more like it:

Adopted 20 January 2006

MILITARY VEHICLE PROCRASTINATORS ASSOCIATION

(I know I'm being a bit harsh on the MVPA... Please don't flame me!)

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Mopar Alley, MVCC, NRA, & Saint Jame's
Grenadier Member
1952 M38A1 + 1952 M100 Trailer!
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium