FS: 1970 M35A2

From: mark@ehle.homelinux.org
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 15:31:26 PST

(I apologize if this message appears twice. I sent it once, and never saw it, so
I sent it again)

Sadly, I must part with my deuce. I did not use it at all last year, and don't
think that this coming summer will be any different, so it must go. I thought I
would offer it to you folks before I put it on ebay.

It is a 1970 M35A2, non-turbo, air-shift front. It has a 2-year-old vinyl top
that is in perfect shape. I think that the mileage is around 27K and somewhere
around 1000 hours on the engine (I am at work as I write this, I will verify
when I get home.)

It runs great, always starts quickly in warm weather, a little slower in the
cold. It needs new batteries, but I could get it started for potential buyers
as it sits. The seats have new black vinyl that was professionally done. They
look good.

The body does have some rust, not too bad for a deuce. It handles well, cruises
at 55-60mph and has decent pep. I adjusted the fuel density compensator to run
only on diesel, and after I did, it seems to have plenty of power.

The only problem with it is the turn signals. They work, but do not blink. I
have just flipped the switch. The turn signal switch and the light switch I
replaced when I got the thing 4 years ago. Oh, and the spare tire is flat.

I also have for it a pair of "poor-man's" manual front lockout hubs - a set of
hubs that have the splines machined out to go on the front in the summer. They
really help cut down on vibration and the truck seems to accelerate a little
faster with them.

I have had a lot of fun with this truck in the past. I just am into other things
right now.

I want $3200 for it.

See some pictures at:

http://ehle.homelinux.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2113

This gallery has lots of other pictures - keep looking 'til you find the deuce.
Let me know if you want more specific pictures.

If you want to come by and see it, it is in Dowling, MI, about 10 miles North of
Battle Creek. Email me off list for more info - mark@ehle.homelinux.org.

I would not be afraid to drive it anywhere - the limit is how hard your butt is.

Later -

Mark